stuck on favorites?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by epicjames, Nov 25, 2008.

1. epicjames macrumors newbie

i was on the inernet, then put the phone in my pocket because i was at work. when i puled it back out, it was on the favorites screen. when i hit the home button, it doesn't go to the main screen. i can look at recent calls and contact at the bottom of the screen, even go to the internet from a text message, but i can't get to the home page. when i hit the home button once on any page, nothing happens. i hit it twice and it goes back to favorites. i;ve turned the phone on and off several times. nothing has worked. any suggestions?

2. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

Either your phone really wants you to call someone or you need to restore it.

3. epicjames thread starter macrumors newbie

4. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

plug it into your computer. Let iTunes back it up. Then press the restore button. This will erase everything from your phone, but then iTunes will reload your phone with the backup. Did you happen to jailbreak your phone?

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1414

5. epicjames thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks, i'll try that. jailbreak? is that when you hack the phone? i bought it from att, didn't do anything special. i'm getting so damned frustrated with this!