Stuck on Leopard install because of bluetooth keyboard on mac mini

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by discosoap, Dec 30, 2008.

1. discosoap macrumors regular

Hi all,

I just bought a second hand intel mac mini (1.66 core duo) and got a new hard drive as well. I booted a Leopard dmg from my firewire ipod without a hassle to install a fresh copy of Osx. After the introscreen (the one with welcome in many languages) Leopard needs some personal data from me, but for input we need a keyboard. I have an Apple bluetooth keyboard and mighty mouse, but both are not instantly recognised on startup to my surprise. This means I am stuck installing Leopard, as I can't enter my personal data and get on with it. Please, some help would be greatly appreciated :)

Sorry, figured it out myself (and didn't know how to remove this post, that's why you're reading this edit). Just restart a mac idiot, just restart it....Dohh.. Thanks anyway ;-

2. grandeabc macrumors member

grandeabc

Exactly same problem here. I'm trying everything, but the OS X always go back to the input data screen..., but no wired keyboard here as well.

3. northerngit macrumors member

Not sure what your exact set up is. I found out the hard way that a generic USB mouse and Apple bluetooth keyboard won't work. You need the Mighty Mouse as well...

The only way to force initialise bluetooth discovery is to leave all devices off until the install starts. It will then prompt you for a device. Unfortunately, it always asks for the mouse first - so you end up stuck unless you have a bluetooth Mighty Mouse.

So I had to find a USB wired keyboard... Yeah... it "just works"...

:mad: