Stuck on Leopard install because of bluetooth keyboard on mac mini

Discussion in 'macOS' started by discosoap, Dec 30, 2008.

1. discosoap macrumors regular

Hi all,

I just bought a second hand intel mac mini (1.66 core duo) and got a new hard drive as well. I booted a Leopard dmg from my firewire ipod without a hassle to install a fresh copy of Osx. After the introscreen (the one with welcome in many languages) Leopard needs some personal data from me, but for input we need a keyboard. I have an Apple bluetooth keyboard and mighty mouse, but both are not instantly recognised on startup to my surprise. This means I am stuck installing Leopard, as I can't enter my personal data and get on with it. Please, some help would be greatly appreciated :)

Sorry, figured it out myself (and didn't know how to remove this post, that's why you're reading this edit). Just restart a mac idiot, just restart it....Dohh.. Thanks anyway ;-)

2. intempo808 macrumors regular

I don't have a mac, or a bluetooth keyboard and might mouse... But, I did read online on the Apple Store that you need to install software on your Mac before the keyboard will work, meaning that you need a USB keyboard to be able to setup with wireless mouse etc.

http://www.apple.com/uk/keyboard/

Scroll down to the bit just below the Buy button and look on the wireless side, it says:
    System Requirements

Mac computer with Bluetooth wireless technology
    Mac OS X v10.4.10 or later
    Keyboard software update
    Existing keyboard and mouse for initial setup
    Three AA batteries (included)

Hope this helped, sorry if I'm totally wrong lol