stuck on "looks like you tried to jailbreak..."

omar4578

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 3, 2011
SoCal
ive been stuck on this message for a while,

i downloaded the mac version and everything was going ok, the program detected my iphone 4s 16gb 5.0.1 and then i clicked "jailbreak"
i waited for like 2 hours and the bar didnt move a mm since...

so i unplugged it and re did everything except for now the program said that i already tried to jailbreak and it failed, so it rebooted my device and everything worked the same again, except this time i waited for 1 hour and tried to jailbreak again

so now everytime i plug my iphone in it gives me the jailbreak message and it "fixex it" then it tells me to unplug and then plug it in and when i do it gives me the same jailbreak message...its an endless cycle (help)...

ps. i backed up everything on my icloud in itunes, so i was wondering if i do a total wipe on the iphone will this work? or would i wipe out for no reason?

also will the backup save all my texts and stuff?

dccorona

macrumors 68020
Jun 12, 2008
do you have a passcode? my friend ran into a similar issue for that reason

omar4578

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 3, 2011
SoCal
ive been stuck on this message for a while,

i downloaded the mac version and everything was going ok, the program detected my iphone 4s 16gb 5.0.1 and then i clicked "jailbreak"
i waited for like 2 hours and the bar didnt move a mm since...

so i unplugged it and re did everything except for now the program said that i already tried to jailbreak and it failed, so it rebooted my device and everything worked the same again, except this time i waited for 1 hour and tried to jailbreak again

so now everytime i plug my iphone in it gives me the jailbreak message and it "fixex it" then it tells me to unplug and then plug it in and when i do it gives me the same jailbreak message...its an endless cycle (help)...

ps. i backed up everything on my icloud in itunes, so i was wondering if i do a total wipe on the iphone will this work? or would i wipe out for no reason?

also will the backup save all my texts and stuff?
i took the chance and deleted everything on my phone, i pretty much set it up as a new iphone, then i tried to jailbreak and Voila!!! it jailbroke flawlessly in less than 2 minutes literally...

----------

do you have a passcode? my friend ran into a similar issue for that reason
i do have a question though, now that i literally reset everything on my device if i do a restore from icloud to get my stuff back will it delete cydia?

dccorona

macrumors 68020
Jun 12, 2008
i do have a question though, now that i literally reset everything on my device if i do a restore from icloud to get my stuff back will it delete cydia?
as the poster above me said, nope, cydia will stay. Just restating it so you will get this as a notification