stuck on "looks like you tried to jailbreak..."

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by omar4578, Jan 21, 2012.

1. omar4578 macrumors regular

omar4578

ive been stuck on this message for a while,

i downloaded the mac version and everything was going ok, the program detected my iphone 4s 16gb 5.0.1 and then i clicked "jailbreak"
    i waited for like 2 hours and the bar didnt move a mm since...

so i unplugged it and re did everything except for now the program said that i already tried to jailbreak and it failed, so it rebooted my device and everything worked the same again, except this time i waited for 1 hour and tried to jailbreak again

so now everytime i plug my iphone in it gives me the jailbreak message and it "fixex it" then it tells me to unplug and then plug it in and when i do it gives me the same jailbreak message...its an endless cycle (help)...

ps. i backed up everything on my icloud in itunes, so i was wondering if i do a total wipe on the iphone will this work? or would i wipe out for no reason?

also will the backup save all my texts and stuff?

2. dccorona macrumors 68020

dccorona

do you have a passcode? my friend ran into a similar issue for that reason

3. omar4578 thread starter macrumors regular

omar4578

i took the chance and deleted everything on my phone, i pretty much set it up as a new iphone, then i tried to jailbreak and Voila!!! it jailbroke flawlessly in less than 2 minutes literally...

----------

i do have a question though, now that i literally reset everything on my device if i do a restore from icloud to get my stuff back will it delete cydia?

4. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

No it will leave cydia on there after putting back your back-up :)

Have fun with jail-broken device!

5. dccorona macrumors 68020

dccorona

as the poster above me said, nope, cydia will stay. Just restating it so you will get this as a notification