stuck on mac os x 10.6.3 :S

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by hassoon, Jun 30, 2010.

1. hassoon macrumors regular

hi, i want to update my mac to 10.6.4 but the thing is that my internet connection is slow and whenever i pause the download and come back later to continue the download i receive an error message after a while and everything that i had downloaded is erased and i have to re download everything again. so if i didn't download the update and specifically this one, what would happen? i'm new to mac. so shall i wait for the next update and stop downloading this one? the download is like 600+ MB, hoped that apple send like discrete downloads like in small storage so that i can download each enhancement/update alone. :(

2. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

The updates aren't critical unless you're experiencing problems that the update addresses and fixes.

3. NStocks macrumors 65816

Is that so? I got my replacement Mac today (in signature) which came with 10.6.3. When I checked for updates, I selected all the options apart from 10.6.4 due to the problems some people have been experiencing... I haven't had any problems so far so I think I will wait for 10.6.5.

4. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

A lot of people think that it's absolutely necessary to update whenever a new update is released. 10.6.2 worked absolutely fine for me and would've stayed there if other users weren't hinting at possible GPU driver updates which is why I updated all the way 10.6.4. I'm not saying everyone is like me, I'm sure people have problems but you don't need to update each time if your computer is running fine.