Stuck on "OS X Lion - Waiting...)

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by Hardtimes, Jul 20, 2011.

1. Hardtimes macrumors regular

Lion has been downloading for over 4 hours now.

It starts on 'Downloading' then goes to 'waiting' after about 20 mins.
    Have restarted, fixed permissions etc and no luck.

Really considering giving up and getting a refund. Any ideas?

2. WAM2 macrumors 6502a

WAM2

Same here. This is ridiculous.

3. istayaway macrumors newbie

Hey guyz

i'm having the same problem here...

Burned the CD, setting up a clean install...

In the Downloading adicional components menu, the progress bar simply does not make any progress when there are only 5 minuts on the countdown...

The CD reader just keeps on working but the bar never advances.... and the countdown timer starts to raise... giving me more and more minutes to finish off...

It's the 5th time i'm trying a brand new clean install of Lion and i keep getting this same problem...

I'm sick of it.. gonna grab my Snow Leopard CD, clean install it, make all the updates... and when its finally done i'm gonna Update to Lion...

4. Deejster macrumors newbie

OS X Lion - Waiting...

I'm having exactly the same problem. It's been stuck on "OS X Lion - Waiting..." for several hours now with NO movement in the progress bar.

Any idea if there's something going wrong my end or is it just Apple being overloaded?

5. johnmacward macrumors regular

johnmacward

I don't think this is really the same problem. We're updating it online.

6. johnmacward, Jul 21, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2011

johnmacward macrumors regular

johnmacward

Same here, I've had 0% progress and it's still waiting. I did the redeem program as I had bought a Mac after June 6th. I don't know but are you all redeemers or did you purchase it proper?

Something tells me they're choked up. They entire tech world and it's momma knows about this.

[​IMG]

7. rbutera macrumors newbie

Same problem here - purchased

Purchased upgrade. At work with more bandwidth than I'll ever have at home. Just sits in the dock "waiting ...."

8. puremourning macrumors newbie

I'm getting the same thing. I also used the up-to-date program, as my mac is new. Just have the dock icon "OS X Lion - Waiting..."

Has anyone who previously had this found that it eventually started, or did anyone find a solution?

9. iShztt macrumors newbie

I had the same problem on my wife's Macbook Pro. After playing around for a while I solved it using the following method.

Open the Mac App Store, go to "store" in the top menu bar and select "Check for unfinished downloads".

I have it downloading on her MBP and my iMac as I type through YMMMV.

10. puremourning macrumors newbie

Note to anyone else having this problem the above worked for me also on MacBook Pro. Went straight to downloading after clicking check for unfinished downloads. I also noticed that i got the email confirmation of the purchase from apple prior to doing this.

Thanks for the help!

11. psingh01 macrumors 65816

Thank you! This worked for me :)

12. wgraphics macrumors newbie

Chill....

Yes...i am finding all sorts of bugs on my install of Lion on my G5...like no other. This is really getting frustrating, but that is for another thread. To the point of this thread...

when trying to install on my lappy...Same issue as everyone above. I found that i had some updates that needed to be installed and i did not start from a fresh reboot...this is on my 4 year old MacBook Pro.

To solve my version of this issue: Close all programs, Restart. Go to the app store. Start over. I cannot believe my mac is starting to act like a damn PC...

That worked for me. Hope it helps someone else.

One important side note...I have little snitch installed. this too can interfere with the install by blocking storeagent...be sure to allow all from storeagent.

Cheers