Stuck on Scanning and Repair in Windows 8

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by goldhunter, Mar 2, 2013.

1. goldhunter macrumors newbie

Hi people,

My problem in hand is somewhat unique as I couldn't find a solution on the Internet that is directed to my situation.

I have installed Windows 8 on my mac using Bootcamp and i have mistakenly tried dskchk while on my windows and restarted it. Once I restarted my mac and tried getting into bootcamp It comes up with scanning and repairing drive C: and the progress is stuck on 29%. I tried rebooting my mac and sometimes it boots into automatic repair but it just gets stuck.

I've tried [fn]+[f8], [fn]+[shift]+[f8], purely pressing those keys without the [fn] but not luck.

Now when I search for "How to boot into safe mode in Windows 8" those people just tell me to use msconfig or rebooting from my windows BUT HOW AM I SUPPOSE TO DO THAT WHEN MY WINDOWS IS STUCK ON THE LOGO SCREEN????:mad::mad:

So I guess im trying to ask is: Is there a solution for getting past Scanning and repair or automatic repair??

2. stooovie macrumors 6502a

Same here... Can't help you there, sorry.

I believe it's related to Bootcamp bootloader ****ing up EFI or something, it doesn't EVER happen when this Bootcamp partition is running in Parallels.