Stuck on set up screen in iTunes

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by True Tao, Aug 28, 2008.

1. True Tao macrumors member

This is really annoying. I did a restore on the phone and backed it up..... when it asks to restore from the back up I click continue and it goes through the reloading procedure from the back up ......then when it goes to reboot and I tunes says to leave it plugged in so it will show up in itunes again it dosen't bring me to the sync screen it goes back to the restore from backup screen. No matter how many times I reset it and retry it I always come back to the restore screen.

Anybody have this problem?

2. Applepwns macrumors member

do a clean restore and then restore from backup. That is my only suggestion.

3. True Tao thread starter macrumors member

Thanks, but the problem is I can't get to the screen where it says restore, manually manage music, sync and all that....

everytime I plug it in it goes right to the restore from back up screen

4. SFC Archer macrumors 68000

SFC Archer

Sad to say...This has happened to me 3 times as well. Your only recourse is to restore as new iPhone. Right now backups are worthless as you cannot reinstall them. Read my posts for how if you are not sure.

Good Luck

5. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

Check your phone if it has the data already then check set up as a new phone unchecking automatically sync contacts etc. The resync all your media.

Either that or when it asks you to restore again select restore from backup then force quit iTunes and unhook your iPhone...turn it off (hold the home and power buttone till it shuts off) then turn it on again...launch iTunes again and connect the phone

6. True Tao thread starter macrumors member

Thanks SFC

daneoni

Thats the weird thing. It has all the data on it from the backup but just won't let me back to the main page where you can sync, restore, etc

I tried to disconnect the phone before it gets to that screen....like right after the progress bar from backup upload is done.....but it still does it..

7. SFC Archer macrumors 68000

SFC Archer

Same as mine....it restored it all but iTunes would never take me to the sync screen...only the restore screen. My only recourse was to start over and that was after attempting to restore 3 times in a row....over 7 hours of restore!!!

8. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

Are you sure you did it whilst it was actually restoring...as in letting it restore then cutting it off by force quitting?. Also use the Apple logo sub menu to force quit iTunes then unhook the phone and shut it off...blah blah