Stuck on spinning wheel.

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by iiPwn, Jan 23, 2012.

1. iiPwn macrumors member

Okay so I needed a respring after insalling something in Cydia. I pressed Respring in Notificationcenter (via SBSettings) first, nothing happened so i went back and clicked Respring again. But this time the respring started and have been going on for a while, so my iPhone 4S is stuck with a spinning wheel on the screen. What can I do?

2. rick snagwell macrumors 68040

rick snagwell

it wont stop respringing? or just a spinning wheel on the screen?

3. iiPwn thread starter macrumors member

It did not stop. I held down home-button and lock-button and then it turned off. Turned it on and now it works, wonder what the wrong was. Thanks anyway :)

4. aus10ferguson macrumors newbie

i wish that would work for me. ive tried that along with every other suggestion ive found so far. any others???

5. Tokes Green macrumors regular

Tokes Green

What exactly is your problem, same as OP?

6. aus10ferguson macrumors newbie

honestly im not sure. ive been trying to get past this spinning wheel for 6 hours. ive tried hard resets, recovery mode, restore wont work, it keeps rebooting itself only to go back to the spin, i havent seen the home screen in hours... this isnt even my phone :( i jb mine and my wifes with 0 problems. this is a 4s im having these problems with now tho

7. Tokes Green macrumors regular

Tokes Green

Have you tried getting it into DFU mode?

8. aus10ferguson macrumors newbie

anyone else wanna take a stab at helping me out?!?!?!?!
    please.........

9. HiDEF, Feb 1, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2012

HiDEF macrumors 68000

HiDEF

I had this exact same issue so I did a clean restore. It shortly came back but this time it broke my Winterboard 'Respring' as well! So, I no longer use SBSetting; at least until there's a fix.

aus10ferguson-- do you really need SbSettings? There's tons of tweaks out there that do the same thing that you might want to check out.

10. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

happened w/ my 3GS one time after installing a tweak from cydia.
    If you have waited a lot of time and nothing then i's time to make it go into DFU and restore it.

Hold Power & Home and when the screen goes black immediately start doing the DFU steps and you should be able to get to go to DFU and restore it.

11. Tokes Green macrumors regular

Tokes Green

His problem is the 'reboot loop', and struggling to get in DFU. Seems to effect stock/non-jailbroken iPhone 4s's and the 4 also.

Got a whole other thread about this lol :)

12. Qwerqwer macrumors newbie

I got iPhone 3G and I clicked respring button and there appeared a rainbow wheel but it doesn't end!!!!!!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad:
    ( the only problem is that my lock screen button broke and doesn't work so I can't REBOOT IT!!!!!! )