stuck on the apple logo

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by DEE9299, Jan 28, 2010.

1. DEE9299 macrumors 6502a

DEE9299

my iphone 3g is stuck on the apple logo. i have tried to get it into dfu mode a bunch of times but it will not go. and also itunes does not see it when connected...any ideas how to fix this ..i have no warranty left either

2. Moi un Mouton macrumors 68000

3. DEE9299 thread starter macrumors 6502a

DEE9299

i did that and it worked but i got a error 28 message and it stopped restoring I do have a broken charging port could that be the issue??

4. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Error 28 is a hardware error from the USB. You can fix this by going to a previous version of iTunes (google for iTunes 8) and restoring in DFU mode. You can also fix this by downgrading to 2.2.1 (only from what I've read, not sure about this fix). However, the broken dock may prevent you from even doing that. You might have to take it apart and replace it.

5. DEE9299 thread starter macrumors 6502a

DEE9299

yeah thats what i was thinking gonna swap it out in tomorrow.

6. NinjasRfancy macrumors newbie

I had this twice. First fix was i hooked it to my mac and rebooted, snapped it out of it. Month later it happened again. Fixed it by mashing the home button 20 times or so. What a weird machine.

7. DEE9299 thread starter macrumors 6502a

DEE9299

well after swapping out a complete dock charging port I can say that did not help me being stuck on the apple screen. I even downloaded itunes verison 8.0 on a old laptop and that did not work. I only got it to restore once and then that error 28 popped up and i can not get it to do it again heck I can not get itunes to see the phone at all. Now what......

8. DEE9299 thread starter macrumors 6502a

DEE9299

ok so update now i got the phone off the apple logo but now i am stuck on the itunes usb screen....when i plug the phone in to my mac itunes can see it and i get the phone with the serial number to show and it says its detected a phone in restore so i click restore and update and still get error 28 when i try to restore with an older firmware like 3.o i get error 20/.........some one anyone is there anything i can do

9. DEE9299 thread starter macrumors 6502a

DEE9299

its a hardware issue and I have tried every known thing so if anyone gets the dreaded error 28 message hopefully you will be within your warranty period and can get a replacement phone