Stuck on the "pineapple" screen of death! ...please help!!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by bopat, May 5, 2009.

1. bopat macrumors newbie

Fellow iphoners,

I'm in trouble and am in need of some sound advice urgently!!!

I was dowaloading a game from the App store the other day when all of a sudden my iphone went to the pineapple logo and has been that way since the last two days!!!

The only thing I can do is turn it off, not by the power button, but by holding down both the home and power button for a good ten seconds (is this the dfu mode?).

A brief background on my phone:

I got my 2g phone and unlocked it here in Canada. I upgraded from 1.1.1 to 2.0 using pwnage. I have since tried to upgrade to 2.2 using 2.2 but to no avail. I am currently using OS 10.5.6 and have heard the only way to upgrade is with the help of a powered usb?

Anyway, now I'd just like to get my phone to work again, even if it means losing information. I tried doing a restore using pwnage yesterday, but when I connect the phone directly to the computer, itunes does not show the phone. So I can't even do a complete restore!!!! :(

The pineapple logo then comes on again, and I'm able to download photos from the phone into iphoto, but still itunes does not recognize the phone even!!!

If you have any tried and tested suggestions or links, please let me know!! I'd be very grateful!

I love me iphone and am desperate to have it work again! :eek:

Thanks in advance,

Bopat

2. bytethese macrumors 68030

bytethese

Put the phone in DFU mode, then restore it. And no, the way you described it was a reset and doesn't put in DFU mode.

3. bopat thread starter macrumors newbie

....which brings me to ...how would I put it in dfu mode??

thanks again....

bopat

4. bytethese macrumors 68030

bytethese