Stuck on unlock 3.4.4 Jailbroken 3gs

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by reminis, May 9, 2011.

1. reminis macrumors member

Ok, just picked up a 3GS today.
    Upgraded to 4.3.3 and did the Jailbreak with Redsn0w just now. I need to unlock the phone now since I have Tmobile. I am unsure how to do it, my other 3GS doesn't have GPS since BB=6.15 I dont want to go that route. What are my options?

Right now my Firmware=5.16.02

Thanks Any help is appreciated.

2. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Because of your baseband 05.16.02, there is no other option if you don't want to go with the Ipad baseband.

3. reminis thread starter macrumors member

Basically there is no way have Tmobile+3gs+100% working GPS?

4. labman macrumors 604

labman

not sure why you would just jump ahead and update to 4.3.3 without checking after the ipad baseband experience. only other option is the Grevey Sim search for it. lots of opinions and reviews on it. grey are as far a legality. ;)

5. labman macrumors 604

labman

not sure why you updated to 4.3.3 after you did the ipad baseband in your other phone. only other option is the Grevey Sim search for it. lots of opinions and reviews on it. grey are as far a legality. ;)

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

No.
    That's what happens when you update to the latest firmware and you ask questions later.
    Not sure what firmware it was on before but maybe it was on unlockable baseband that wouldnt need the ipad bb to be installed.

7. reminis thread starter macrumors member

It was on the same Firmware before.

8. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Oh so you were out of luck to begin with.
    Only option now is to install the ipad BB.
    I heard The Dev team is working on a baseband downgrade tool for the 3G and 3GS so hope down the road you will be able to get your GPS functionality back.

9. reminis thread starter macrumors member

What is stock 3gs firmware? I got this 3gs today thinking was stock and i can unlock it with gps. I guess Ima sell both 3gs now or switch to ATT tomorrow

10. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Stock firmware could mean any version of firmware that is not jailbroken. It doesnt mean any stock firmware version can be unlocked without installing the ipad bb and losing your GPS function.
    If it was on stock firmware 4.0.2 and below it could have been unlocked without installing the ipad baseband.
    Or if the previous owner has maintained any of the below unlockable baseband versions using pwnage tool: 04.26.08, 05.11.07, 05.12.01 and 05.13.04

11. kre62 macrumors 68000

If you mean what did the 3GS originally come with, it's 3.0

Damn fast too