Stuck on what to go for.

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by MatLane, Sep 30, 2008.

1. MatLane macrumors 6502a

MatLane

Any suggestions.

At the moment i am juggling between a macbook PRO

and a iMac

I am not really sure which one to purchase.
    :)
    I am currently doing music recording, photo editing (No Extreme stuff) and general computing.

I know it is really a personal choice weather or not i go for the portability or not as you would be paying a lot more for the macbook thats not as high tech as the iMac.

Any suggestions to help me choose?

Would be appreciated!

Mat

2. JG271 macrumors 6502a

JG271

Well... if you need portability go for the Macbook Pro, otherwise go for an iMac. Have you considered a mid range macbook? I'd do the tasks you wanted, just add a nice external monitor (and keyboard and mouse if you like) for the photo work and you'll be fine. Best of both worlds imo.

If you choose the macbook or macbook pro, i'd wait for a bit though! :)

3. MatLane thread starter macrumors 6502a

MatLane

Cheers mate

Yer i heard that there was supposed to be some new macbooks coming to the stores soon. Might wait a little longer till they are, then choose what i'm going to go for

Thanks
    ;-)

4. JML42691 macrumors 68020

JML42691

It all depends on how much you value portability, if you cannot find a reason as to why you would need to have a computer with you at different locations, then go for the iMac, it is a no-brainer. But give this some thought, think about what you regularly do and where you regularly go and think if having a laptop would improve this. That is really the only deciding factor in your decision as far as I can tell. But give it a lot of thought, when I first purchased a desktop, I regretted the decision a month or two later because I wished that I had purchased a laptop instead, so give that some serious thought.

5. MatLane thread starter macrumors 6502a

MatLane

Agreed, thanks for that.

;-)