Stuck pixel in replacement iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jmmo20, Mar 10, 2009.

1. jmmo20 macrumors 65816

Hello!

I got a new iphone last week as a replacement for my previous one that had cracks over the dock connector and the headphone port.

Last Friday as I was leaving work, I noticed a very ugly green pixel on my iphone. I thought It was a dead pixel on my new (1 day old) iPhone. So I immediately called Apple and they said they would replace it (in Spain you have to send the iphone, and wait for them to check it up and send you a replacement one back - it takes a week or so).

As soon as I got back to my lab I noticed the green pixel was gone!.
    I thought I was crazy.

But just yesterday night I noticed a RED pixel right at the VERY SAME spot where the green pixel was last week. After a while this pixel died too.. I could see it dimming away and pulsing for a bit, then it was gone.

I saw the same red pixel this morning, I installed iPixel from Cydia and now the pixel is gone again.

How likely is this to keep happening?
    I don't feel like sending the iPhone because that means a week without an iPhone.. (I really envy you guys - you can just go to an Apple store and get it replaced!!!)

thanks

2. DMC-12 macrumors 6502

DMC-12

I have gone through several iPhone replacements, some in-store and others through the mail. The mail-in process is much more lenient, almost no-questions-asked. I have mailed in multiple iPhones for replacement because of bad pixels, and I have always received my new phone two business days after I sent it in.

3. jmmo20 thread starter macrumors 65816

in Europe it takes a little longer than 2 days.. but the problem I have is that the pixel is not always stuck. It comes and goes.. so I'm scared I send in the phone and they don't see the dead pixel..

4. jmmo20 thread starter macrumors 65816