Stuck pixel, need advice

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AboveTheChaos, Jul 17, 2008.

1. AboveTheChaos macrumors regular

Ok, my new baby has a big old RED stuck pixel almost in the middle of the screen. The problem is, it goes away sometime and then reappears. I've had 2 Genius Bar appointments and wouldn't you know it, both times it wasn't doing it. Both times they said they couldn't do anything. The second time it was like I was lying. I spoke to the manager who said brushed it off and said that it won't last and that all lcds have this problem but if it does and I can bring it in while it's doing it, I can replace it. WTF?! I get up this morning and there it is again. It's annoying because it's bright red and right in the middle of the screen. Is there any chance that it will either clear up on its own and not be a problem (what the genius said) or will it do it permanently so I can prove it? The store isn't convenient enough for me to just keep driving to and then hope it does it.

2. Bernie-Mac macrumors 65816

I foret what the website is called but google iPhone stuck pixel fix and there is a website you can go to that might help release a stuck pixel, it worked for me once and then it didnt work another time (probably because it was a dead and not stuck pixel) but it is worth a shot. And if that doesnt work, get a little voicestrous at Apple and they'll probably replace it

3. AboveTheChaos thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the reply. I've been searching around on a couple sites and read conflicting things. I didn't see this though and I'm definitely going to try it.

4. meagain macrumors 68030

5. AboveTheChaos thread starter macrumors regular

Perfect thanks. Also, I just figured out how to make it happen. If I completely turn off my iPhone and let it sit about 5 min, when I start up, there she is. So, if I can't fix it, I'm going to take it back. I've got an appointment but the earliest time they have open is tomorrow. :(