Stuck pixel on 1 hour old classic :(

Discussion in 'iPod' started by sammich, Sep 15, 2007.

1. sammich macrumors 601

sammich

Just perfect, I just started playing around with the thing, and I open up photo I loaded on it that is mostly dark, and lo and behold! A stuck green pixel! Just perfect, now I know I'll see it every time I look at the screen.

Is there a policy for dead pixels on iPods? It's only one stuck pixel. Chance of a swap?

This is so annoying. My first dead pixel on any apple product I've ever owned.

2. psycoswimmer macrumors 65816

psycoswimmer

Okay, first, is it a stuck pixel or a dead pixel? You used both words inter-changably. By the sound of it (green pixel) its just stuck. Try googling "stuck pixel" to get a video or help on that.

Also, AppleCare won't fix/replace the iPod if there is just one stuck pixel, sorry!

3. chippy chuke macrumors newbie

bought an ipod touch yesterday and it had two dead pixels. Got a new one from them today right out of the box. take it home dont even sync to it. BOOM HEADSHOT there is a dead pixel...:(

4. Tumeg101 macrumors 6502a

Tumeg101

I have a stuck pixel on my 8 month old 5th gen iPod... geuss I'll check out google,
    Is it really possible to fix without getting a new one?

5. Tumeg101 macrumors 6502a

Tumeg101

Just fixed mine, with a quick google search:

Get to the diagnostic wizard by resetting your ipod then as soon as you see the apple logo press the centre button and the back button at the same time. Press menu, IO, Display, Color and keep pressing the centre button to go through the colours. No need to upload images, easier this way.