Stuck pixel on iphone 3g and i can't get replacement..

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by johnX1, Oct 2, 2008.

1. johnX1 macrumors newbie

First, i am really sorry about my bad english :eek:.
    I am living in Japan and recently got my iPhone 3g. But, i found stuck pixel :mad:. So, i try to go to Apple Store. But genius said i can't get replacement :mad::mad:. He also said that he has an iphone and got same stuck pixel. But i do not care. So, after that i try to call iphone call center, and i got same answer. Holly **** Apple customer service in Japan is really bad :mad::mad:.

Please help me guys....:(:(

2. beeh macrumors regular

I don't know the return policies in Japan, but here in the US, most stores have a 30 day return policy. Even with phones, the last time I bought from Verizon, I think it was either 15 or 30 days I had to return it with "no questions asked". I can't even imagine Apple wouldn't replace that...I'd just keep trying. Is it in the middle of the screen or around the edge?

3. johnX1 thread starter macrumors newbie

In the middle :(. I was try web apps to fix that, but it doesn't work.......:(:(.

4. olikid macrumors newbie

olikid

This worked for one of my friends - might be worth giving it a go...

http://www.ebaspace.com/iphone-app/

http://www.ebaspace.com/iphone-app/fix.html (If you're epileptic, I wouldn't touch that link)...

5. johnX1 thread starter macrumors newbie

6. olikid macrumors newbie

olikid

Bummer man - not too sure what to suggest... Sorry!

7. barkomatic macrumors 68040

I'd suggest that you try again at the genius bar with a different genius and preferably at a different Apple store if you can. Whether or not people get replacements seems to depend upon the personality of the decision maker.

There are some geniuses that are pretty nice and understanding while there are others who are almost religiously devoted to Apple and see themselves as holy protectors of the company. Those types tend to view customers wanting exchanges as enemies.

8. jsquared macrumors 6502

jsquared

I had a stuck pixel on mine and I just applied a little pressure to it and it went away. It did come back a couple of time but I continued to just press on it just hard enough and it hasn't shown up again.

9. Stepper macrumors regular

WOW :eek:

I would never do that to my iPhone lol

10. Inukami macrumors 6502

I heard a few people say they did that but i don't understand how would that work since the screen is made of glass..

11. ViPa macrumors 6502a

i had a dead pixel and apple replaced it no problem..just keep calling and they'll note your account..and the apple store will be able to see it

12. Surely Guest

Surely

No problem getting mine replaced either. And my iPhone even had a big gash on it from dropping it on concrete a month earlier.

I repeat the above advice of trying again with a different Genius or at a different store.

13. Kaushal macrumors member

the service of apple is much better in USA it seems

14. Elite Aaron macrumors member

I did the same thing.

15. johnX1 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah i think so :mad:.

16. johnX1 thread starter macrumors newbie

I did same thing, but nothing happened :mad:.

17. jsquared macrumors 6502

jsquared

I also remember reading a post where someone used a pencil eraser to get a more fine point of presure. You have to kind of massage the area with a good bit of pressure.....

18. macaco74 macrumors regular

Seems unfair - I had a stuck pixel and the genius replaced mine with no problem. I would suggest trying again - with a different genius.

19. peterwalsh macrumors newbie

perfection

I have a dead pixel but I have learned to love it. A flaw tends to accentuate beauty.

More than one and I would return. But that single beauty spot on the screen I warm to.