"Stuck" pixel only in landscape?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DaLurker, Sep 27, 2007.

1. DaLurker macrumors 6502

So found something interesting a couple of days ago. When I was checking for stuck pixels viewing the iPhone in portrait mode it was perfect. Then I turned it to landscape and low and behold there are a good half dozen of stuck green pixels.

Now I'm thinking they're not actually stuck green pixels but some sort of manufacturing defect which when viewed at certain angels causes the green or red pixels to appear.

Anyways, was just wondering if anybody noticed this?

2. CBJammin103 macrumors regular

CBJammin103

Actually, I noticed this on my 2-day old iPhone. (I've had one for a month or so, but it just got replaced by AppleCare.)

I noticed 1 dead pixel on the screen, but in landscape mode for videos it seems that I can see more. Not sure what the deal is.

3. ellsworth macrumors 6502a

Take it back but you might not get a new one...

4. kaeckisthename macrumors member

i have like 20-30 of these little things(whether stuck or defective).....I sent mine in to get fixed but Apple mixed up my info from my first iPhone(the screen flickered like crazy).....so they didn't even look for the pixels and sent the same one back......I kind of chalked it up as a loss........but last night, the damn top of the screen is registering my touch incorrectly(as the Apple operator listed it).....so I'm hopefully gonna get a new one

5. DaLurker thread starter macrumors 6502

Well I heard there is no dead/stuck pixel policy yet so chances are they'll give me a new one.... that is if they don't realize I unlocked it ;) haha

That aside from the fact, I was really wondering whether more people experience this?