Stuck pixel?...or something worse

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by jfrancis04, Feb 10, 2011.

1. jfrancis04 macrumors 6502a

Ok so I'm having a strange issue with my late 2008, white macbook. About a month ago, I noticed what appeared to be a stuck pixel. When viewing a solid black background, I noticed a very small section (looks to be exactly 1 pixel) that appeared blue instead of black.

I read online about stuck pixels and have tried a few of the online resources to repair them (JScreenFix and others that quickly flash colors on the screen), as well as "massaging" the pixel itself. With these techniques, I noticed absolutely no change.

Here's where it gets interesting. I was wiping down my screen the other day with a soft cloth when I noticed that the pixel would sometimes return to normal when I rubbed the screen in a circular fashion, applying a relatively firm press to the screen. The moment I remove my hand, the stuck pixel returns.

So there you have it. Whenever I apply pressure on the screen (AROUND the pixel, but not directly over it), my screen returns to normal for a brief couple of seconds.

So is this really a stuck pixel? Any ideas to solve it completely?

2. jfrancis04 thread starter macrumors 6502a

3. kentishboy macrumors newbie

Yes you ae applying pressure this is how you fix a stuck pixel push on the stuck pixel with yor finger for a few minutes and it will be gone forever (hopefully)