Stuck Pixel, Should I Return?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by dsmac91, Oct 10, 2007.

1. dsmac91 macrumors newbie

Hi, I bought a 16gb week 38 iPod Touch from a local apple authorized retailer here on Maui, and I was in love till I noticed a single green stuck pixel in the middle of the screen. I was wondering if I should return it a get a new one, I really don't want to have paid $415 for a product with a stuck pixel. I have tried the flashing things to try and get the pixel unstuck but nothing has worked. Thanks! I stumbled across this site as I was looking at the iPod Touch to see if I wanted to buy it or not and now I come here a few times every day just checking in on new things!

2. Vikinguy macrumors 6502

3. queshy macrumors 68040

queshy

I'm on iPod touch #3 and all three of them had stuck pixels. I don't know yet if I will return this one seeing as so far I'm 3/3 in terms of stuck pixels...

4. JWest macrumors 6502

Stuck pixels can sometimes be fixed by rapidly flashing bright colors on the screen (maybe find a video to use to accomplish this?). If it's a dead pixel, then chances it will definitely stay that way. Take it back if it really bothers you.

5. dsmac91 thread starter macrumors newbie

yeah, I noticed 3 more stuck pixels. I called the store and the guy was like i've never heard of that. So im bringing it into the store tomorrow. Hopefully they will see the pixels, my dad looked and he couldn't see them. Whats the best way to see the stuck pixels? I heard turning brightness all the way and going in a dark room but is there anything else i can do? I really love my ipod touch but i cant stand the stuck pixels. I tried the flashing colors thing and it didnt seem to help at all.