Stuck pixel switches between green and red

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by johannnn, Aug 23, 2010.

1. johannnn macrumors 6502a

johannnn

I have a dead/stuck pixel that one day can be green and one day be red. I dont really know what triggers it, if it can be some different colors I show on the screen?

Anyway for hours and hours I've tried these websites that switches color several times each second claiming it will fix stuck pixels, but with no success.

What can I do? I've heard that Macbooks have a "outer layer" of some sort on the screen, so you cant use the method to apply pressure on the screen, true?

If is was just dead I would have no hope, but as it switches colors at least its alive.. Also, its really annoying as I've to always change background picture to hide the pixel

Thanks!

2. Pentad macrumors 6502a

Pentad

How old is the computer? If you just bought it, I would take it back and get it exchanged.

3. johannnn thread starter macrumors 6502a

johannnn

Its a few months old, so I cant bring it back.

4. davey101 macrumors newbie

Contact Apple, They will most likely ask you to take it to the store to have it checked out.

Nothing to lose I guess

5. unwinded macrumors regular

Was it always there or did it just turn up? If it wasn't there from the start and just developed all of a sudden, in my experience that isn't good (I've seen LCDs develop more stuck pixels in an area over time). Those flashing programs never worked for me, and gently rubbing the effected area might help, might do nothing, or might cause more stuck pixels.

I agree to take it in, you got nothing to lose. It'll drive you crazy otherwise!