Stuck Pixel? Toy Bow & Arrow To The Rescue!

Discussion in 'iMac' started by duncyboy, Dec 6, 2008.

1. duncyboy macrumors 6502a

Thought I had a stuck pixel bang in the middle of my iMac's screen.

Thought I'd try and remove the glass front to see if it was a pixel or just dust. So I dug out my nephews toy arrows with suction cups on the end and used them- turns out it was just dust- iMac's returned to it's former glory with some KleanScreen and a toy arrow :D

2. Bodine macrumors member

Maybe I will have to try this. I have what looks like is a dead pixel(s) towards the upper right hand corner. I would be fantastic if it was just dust. Although I am not sure how the dust would have gotten there since I never have removed the glass.

3. G-Force macrumors 6502a

Be sure to do this in a room that has not too much dust particles. Otherwise you'll only get more dust behind the glass panel.

4. duncyboy thread starter macrumors 6502a

Neither had I- no idea how it could've gotten back there but it's all clear again now :)

5. geoffreak macrumors 68020

geoffreak

There isn't a seal on the back of the glass. The iMac's fans allow airflow throughout the device, which can lead to dust on the glass, or anywhere else in the machine. I believe that all of Apple's fans push air out from the device, thereby decreasing the amount of dust that can get inside.