Stuck Pixel Worth Going to the Apple Store about?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Kitsch, Jun 9, 2010.

1. Kitsch macrumors newbie

I know Apple and other manufactures have a certain threshold of replacing LCD screens with a dead pixel. I have one now in the middle of the screen, a bit off to the left and it's driving me nuts (esp. when I'm writing papers). I keep poking at the screen thinking it's dust. I've tried the massaging and flashing RGB tricks to no avail.

The computer is a little over a month old, should I ask the Apple Store what they can do for me? I can't afford for it to be out of my hands for too long...I use it for work.

It'd be awesome if they allowed me to exchange it. I guess I'm sort of more miffed because of the positioning of the pixel. I've had stuck/dead pixels before and ignored them without much problem.

Thanks,

2. sn0warmy macrumors 6502a

sn0warmy

When I pay $1900+ for a computer, it better be FLAWLESS.

I've exchanged a couple laptops/monitors, including a macbook pro for this same issue.

If it bothers you, exchange it.

3. Mr. McMac Suspended

Mr. McMac

One dead pixel would drive me nuts as well. I'd return it.

4. Bill Gates macrumors 68020

Bill Gates

Since it's a little over a month old, they most likely will not let you exchange it, but they may be willing to replace the screen. It would certainly bother me just as much as it bothers you to have a stuck pixel.

5. ApplFTW macrumors newbie

I had my computer a total of 15 minutes before I called up apple customer service and had a replacement sent and then dropped mine off at fed ex. All I had was just one stuck pixel, but it annoyed the hell out of me. They had no issues with it, so I'd give them a call.

6. Vol7ron macrumors 6502

Vol7ron

I had a new display put on a month after i bought my laptop last June due to a white spot that developed. Just 2 weeks ago a dead pixel developed and i brought it in as the computer is less then a year old. They had no problem replacing the display, although in the process the wifi stopped working and now they are just going to swap the whole unit out....i have been without it for a week already. Now they said it could be up to 3 more weeks before the replacement is in....:mad:

7. melvinchien macrumors newbie

wow thats a long wait. hopefully its worth it though. or cant you ask for a second replacement?

OP: go call them or bring it into a store. the screen is defective and should be replaced.

8. TRUCRACKER macrumors 6502

TRUCRACKER

In the middle of the screen?! Get that fixed!

9. wirelessmacuser macrumors 68000

wirelessmacuser

I don't disagree with your feelings however practically, there is no such thing as a flawless computer, or phone, or car or...

These are mass produced products like most everything else we buy. They are subject to being handled by imperfect human beings from the time they are being built until you take delivery of it. So, the best one can hope for is excellence. And excellence is not to be confused with perfection.

Cheers...:)

10. sn0warmy macrumors 6502a

sn0warmy

100% True.:)