Stuck Pixel?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by godaz, Oct 3, 2010.

1. godaz macrumors regular

Booted up my one month old MacBook Pro this morning to find what looked like a mark on the screen.

On closer inspection it looks to be a defective pixel, which is red in colour. It really stands out against pretty much any colour accept red.

I have Apple Care, would they replace the screen?

If not is there, is there anyway to fix this?

thanks

2. Heat305 macrumors newbie

Tough if you're over the 14 day purchase date, they might replace the screen for you if it is like in the middle of the screen. I got mine out of the box and had two stuck pixels, they changed it on the spot for a perfect one. Good Luck;)

3. CW Jones macrumors 6502

From what my friend tells me, the magic number of stuck or dead pixels is 3. Once you have 3 of them they will without a doubt replace the screen. This doesn't mean they won't replace it with only 1 stuck or dead pixel, its just not "automatic"

4. aeboi macrumors 65816

aeboi

you can try the message technique if it's a matte screen

5. godaz thread starter macrumors regular

Unfortunately I have the glass screen so I'm unable to do that.

I have installed the dashboard app that flickers different colours to try bring the pixel back to life but Im not sure how long to leave it running for. I dont want to damage the pixel around the area.

I suppose I'll book a genius bar appointment and see if I get the screen replaced. Whats the turn around time on Screen replacements, do they have them in stock to do there and then?

I would need a standard 15" MBP screen

6. Stang macrumors member

Try some programs that will flash different colors around and at the pixel. That might help to unstick it.

I'm sure the genius bar will help you out though.