Stuck Pixel

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by zzzCookie, Oct 21, 2010.

1. zzzCookie macrumors newbie

zzzCookie

Recently, I just discovered a stuck pixel on my 13-inch MacBook Pro. I got it in June 2010 and somehow, there is a stuck pixel near the bottom of the screen. I have tried the widget where it flashes red, green and blue on a small area, but it didn't work. Oh yes, it appears, that using the widget, the pixel only appears when it is green, but not when it is red or blue.

In addition, on a standard background like white or when there is a slight tint of blue like the slightly bluish lines in Finder (in list view). However, the pixel cannot be seen on a black background. Even when the brightness is lowered, the pixel is highly visible, until of course when the brightness is zero.

Can anyone please offer some advice? I believe that it is the only stuck pixel I discovered so far.

2. Fuchal macrumors 68020

There is not a lot you can do that you haven't already done (the flashing videos) other than wait for it to go away on it's own (if it does).

3. ~~Hello~~ macrumors 6502

Gently massage it. Keep doing it, and see if it disappears. I had a dell with 2 stuck pixels and i massaged then for a while, they went...came back massaged again and they never came back. :D:D

4. aeboi macrumors 65816

aeboi

You can try the poking or rubbing technique but you can't do much there since the screen is glass, works well for matte screens.
    You can try the heat technique that works by putting the screen an enclosed area letting the build up of heat somehow remove the stuck pixel. This also isn't the greatest solution since it's aimed for stand alone monitors. Wouldn't want the MBP to melt.

5. Mac_Max macrumors 6502

Putting on top of your dashboard with all the windows shut (locked and with some supervision perhaps...) on a sunny day would probably get it hot enough while not melting the computer.

6. philiplogie macrumors newbie

stuck pixel

I recently bought a mbp 15" from the apple online store , i paid for the hi-res screen and every other upgrade that they could offer more than doubling the price of the machine , after receiving the machine i quickly noticed that there was a stuck pixel right in the middle of the screen , mortified by this i rushed out to my local apple store and offered it up for inspection only to find out that they don't fix hi-res screens in store and that i would need to post the machine back to the online store, the thought of sending the machine back to shanghai was dreadful , i called up the after-sales team at apple and after a few routine checks they confirmed that the screen was faulty and that they would send me out a new machine .

The very helpful chap from the apple store even offered to let me keep the machine i had until the new one arrived .

Five gold stars to Apple !