Stuck pixel?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Bahroo, Oct 25, 2012.

1. Bahroo macrumors 68000

Alright so i have this very tiny stuck pixel, or what seems to be stuck and not dead. The pixel is not black, i actually cant really tell what kind of color it is, it may be a greenish color, its not black so i am hopefully thinking its not dead. But anyways i been trying those flickering color pixel fixers on youtube and its still there? Any suggestions

2. miragebg macrumors 6502a

Forget it. None of those tools worked for me never.
    Better get it replaced if ur phone is under warranty

3. ProudLoz macrumors regular

If it really bothers you, just get it replaced at the Apple Store. Make sure to bring a magnifying glass just in case the geniuses can't see the tiny dead pixel. :p

4. Bahroo thread starter macrumors 68000

its not dead, its not black its like a green color and i don't want to replace this because the phone is flawless and many white box replacements are awful but i will live without it

5. Myiphone7 macrumors 6502a

I have this as well

6. ProudLoz macrumors regular

My mistake. If it makes you feel any better, they'll still replace it because it's a manufacturer's defect. They won't give you any problems as long as they can "see" it.

This had happened to my iPad 3 when I first bought it, and it had 3 stuck pixels, and one that was completely dead. The 3 stuck pixels were green, red, and white. I told them that I would be ok with the stuck pixels if they didn't bother me at all while I was using the iPad, but since I sometimes watch movies at night or read a book here and there, they stood out like a sore thumb. Specially the green and white one.

7. Bahroo thread starter macrumors 68000

Well to be honest its extremely small, its next to impossible to see it on white backgrounds, and its pretty hard to spot it unless you really look. Im just going to keep it because stuck pixels usually can go away on their own, but if not then whatever. Its a excuse to get a new replacement if i ever ding up my phone anyways

8. ToyGun1 macrumors 6502

You should return it any stuck or dead pixel is a hardware defect nonetheless.

9. Radeon85 macrumors regular

I had a stuck red pixel around the middle at the top of the screen on my launch day iPhone 5, might have been tiny but I could see it everytime I browsed the web, apart from that the phone was flawless.

I went to Apple and they replaced it straight away with a white box replacement, the body was flawless and no dead/stuck pixels but there was a speck of dust under the screen :( . I took it back and they swapped it again. The body is again flawless and the screen is perfect.

On all three iPhone 5's I have not had any wifi issues or camera issues.

A stuck/pixel is still a defect as it's a malfunctioning transistor, it may correct itself but then might return later on. I would definitely replace it.

10. aleni macrumors 68020

i have one too in the middle of the screen, the only way to fix it to get it exchanged in the apple store, btw my iphone 5 is flawless out of the box, so im not exchanging it.

there is one more way to fix the stuck pixel. just ignore it, then it will dissapear. but if you're being ocd and always looking the stuck pixel, it will be there forever and haunting u in your dream. Lol

11. Bahroo thread starter macrumors 68000

its white the pixel, its incredibly hard to see and its impossible too see in Safari, SMS, etc. i think I'm just going to wait it out, the phone is flawless it self on the outside everything is fine, maybe it will go away on its own or maybe not, its not a dead pixel, its stuck and usually they can go away on their own but we shall see over time.

right now i don't trust the whitebox replacements, i was at the Genius Bar the other day to get my phone replaced and the two first whitebox replacements the Genius pulled out were pretty bad, the third one was perfect( the one i have now) and obviously i can not accept a terrible whitebox replacement, but i don't feel like going through all that right not for something so minuscule.