Stuck pixel :(

Discussion in 'iMac' started by shipdestroyer, Aug 24, 2007.

1. shipdestroyer macrumors 6502

I guess I lied about my 24" having no stuck pixels. Discovered one while playing Bioshock last night! Actually, my friend did: "why's this pixel going crazy?".. what a jerk, discovering annoying problems like that :D One bright green dot in the middle-left of the screen.

I tried playing pixelmurder.mp4 overnight and it's still there. I could try taking the glass off and massaging it back into action, but removing the glass seems dangerous.

Is it worth driving to the Apple store and getting it looked at? It's a long drive, and maybe I'm being too picky. I'd hate to go for nothing. On the other hand, the fact that I didn't notice it until today suggests it's not very noticeable.

2. Muncher macrumors 65816

Muncher

Hey, if you didn't notice it until someone pointed it out, then it probably won't bother you.

3. togermano macrumors regular

It will bother him now though :) Bring it back

4. teerexx52 macrumors 68000

teerexx52

I agree. I did it 4 times

5. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

It's always worth a shot to bring it back to the Apple store. The worst thing they can tell you is no, we can't help since it's under the dead pixel limit. It WILL bother you if you never get it looked at.