Stuck Pixel

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Habitus, Dec 24, 2009.

1. Habitus macrumors 6502a

Habitus

Hey all,

I have a stuck light blue pixel in my 13" 2.26GHz MBP. Any ideas to remove it? Do you think Apple would replace the display for me?

Thanks,

Habitus

2. Dozerrox macrumors 6502

I've read different things over the years. Some say to give it a good push, which sounds a bit dodgy, and a bit difficult on the glossy unibodies... I've also heard that flashing colours cycles very fast can fix it. Not sure how you'd do that though. Where's the pixel out of interest?

3. AppleNewton macrumors 68000

AppleNewton

It depends on if you call apple or if you visit the store. generally i dont see them replacing the entire computer over a stuck/dead pixel.
    As I recently picked up a 13" MBP a week or so ago and the screen was noticeably yellow, like the white wasnt even there, it was bad.
    I went to get it exchanged and they gave me the hardest time over it, which i thought was ridiculous in of itself. (it had a dead pixel too but i didnt even bring it up though).

eventually they did replace it after their lengthy monologue how they wouldnt usually do it (which i thought was unbecoming of apple)

so you can try but i wouldnt worry about it too much if its just one. ive had dead/stuck pixels on 30" displays dead center.

4. sladester macrumors newbie

My iPhone screen seems to freeze pixels when i drop it from time to time. In my own experience with that, I just do the flashing colors trick, and it has yet to fail me.
    But, on my PC's LCD monitor, i have a stuck green pixel, and flashing colors on loop has not been able to fix it.
    I'd say it's worth a shot.

5. Habitus thread starter macrumors 6502a

Habitus

Thanks for the insight, everyone. I can't find the pixel, so I'm not worried about it now. I'll run the color scheme on youtube if I find it again, however.

Habitus