Stuck Pixels After Snow Leopard Upgrade!?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by blkshrk81, Jan 12, 2010.

1. blkshrk81 macrumors newbie

First off, I have a 2Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo iMac with 1GB of memory. I just upgraded to Snow Leopard from Tiger. I was able to complete the upgrade with relative ease, but my screen now has a complete vertical line of dead pixels running down the right side of my screen. I don't understand how installing Snow Leopard would cause dead pixels!? Any ideas? Thanks

2. Sambo110 macrumors 68000

Are you sure they are dead pixels? They could be stuck pixels, hot pixels etc. What colour are they?

3. mreg376 macrumors 6502a

It wouldn't. It couldn't. Coincidence at worst.

4. Sambo110 macrumors 68000

I would assume they are stuck pixels or something, so it would be helpful if he answered or took a picture, cause you can fix that.

5. blkshrk81 thread starter macrumors newbie

Okay, I don't think they are dead pixels since they are a pink/lavender color. Can anything be done to fix this?

6. Sambo110 macrumors 68000

7. blkshrk81 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the link. I'll try some of those out. Hopefully I'll be able to fix it. I'm not holding my breath though. I just find it hard to believe that this was just a coincidence. Seems like a big coincidence if so.

8. JonnyUK macrumors newbie

unfortunate coincidence

I think the fact it's just happened after you updated is a pure unfortunate coincidence.

The 'vertical line of dead pixels' issue with the C2D iMac's has been reported quite a lot in the past.

Unfortunately the iMac we use at my work started off with this problem and ended up looking like the example in this post: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=847978, so it could well get worse if you've got the same problem =(.