Stuck Pixels on Day 1 iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by c84216, Mar 11, 2008.

1. c84216 macrumors member

Hey! So, I got my iPhone on Day 1. Suddenly now, I'm starting to have problems with a bunch of stuck pixels below and between the notes and calculator buttons. If I press, tap, or flick at the stuck pixels, I can get them undone, but I really have no desire to keep doing this. Is the screen on the phone still in warranty in a way that I could have it repaired, free of charge, before June? Thanks for your help!

P.S. If you have other solutions, do let me know. I've tried pressing, tapping, flicking, and rapidly changing colors, and those pesky pixels go away and then keep coming back.

2. T4R06 macrumors 65816

go to apple store, make an appointment and they will replaced your iphone.

here's my story...
    i bought an iphone last october 07, then last january 08 my iphone got this camera problem. 1st replacement was in white box or so called refurbed. it was nice and looks brand new. the phone lasted only a month because after i updated to 1.1.4 the battery drains a lot and it gets warmer all the time even without using it. 2nd replacement was again in white box. it lasted only a week because i saw a 2 small dot dead pixel.

i received something like survey and i signed it.. also i stated that it was 3rd iphone and still they giving me a refurbed something like that. right away apple store called me and they promised that they will give me a new retail iphone that came in black box.

at apple store, oh yes. iphone in black box waiting for me. they opened in front of me and put my sim. again i saw a small dot (dead pixel) and showed it to them. genius people said "you are so very meticulous!" i answered back, its $399 plus tax! the 5th time is perfect!

now instead my warranty ended in october 08. my new iphone now warranty ends in march 09. plus they give me a new receipt :)

3. AppleNewton macrumors 68000

AppleNewton

Stuck pixels shouldnt be accepted on that small of a screen and for that much.

23"~30" displays with a small pixel stuck suuuure oh well its huge realestate

but a small iphone/ipod screen. yeah thats pushing it and for the price again its generally good to get them exchanged.

btw the white box iPhones were not refurbs...they were retail phones just not in the packaging, they order them to replace those out of warranty or to do a product swap generally.

All apple parts (NEW) are sent in generic packaging from their factory.

4. CKohkah macrumors 6502

I today just noticed what looks like a stuck or dead pixel but its on the far right hand side of the phone. Its really only noticeable when its on the Home screen against the black background.

Will they replace a phone with just one dead pixel or should i not even bother going to the Apple store?

Thanks!

5. chr1s60 macrumors 68000

chr1s60

I have heard mixed reports about dead pixels. Some people have said that as soon as they showed a dead pixel they were automatically swapped out for a new phone, but I have also heard that Apple will only replace it if there are a significant number of dead pixels. I don't know what a significant number of dead pixels is, but I would guess it is more than one or two. I think it pretty much comes down to who helps you. Some of the Apple Geniuses are cool and will swap without hesitation, while others may be really strict and give you a hard time. Either way it is worth a try.

I have 2 dead pixels on my screen that are only noticeable on the home screen. I bought my iPhone on day one and have had pretty much no problems and this is why I haven't tried to swap mine out. I know 2 other people with iPhones and they have both had problems with their store bought and store swapped phones. I personally can deal with the two dead pixels instead of risking getting a problematic iPhone that needs to be swapped again and again.