Stuck ringtone...(Text Tone)

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by alaa137, Oct 28, 2011.

1. alaa137 macrumors newbie

Hey guys

It's a bit hard to explain this problem so please try to follow...

I go to Settings -> Sounds -> Text Tone and I choose "None", but when i receive a new msg i still get the "Tri-tone" sound!!
    And notice that if I choose any other tone (e.g. 'Glass') I will still get the Tri-tone as a msg sound. It's kinda stuck.

Also:
    I use the app 'AnyRing'.
    If I choose any song from the ipod library to be my sms ringtone (using the app AnyRing) then THE TWO RINGTONES (THE TRI-TONE AND THE ONE I CHOSE USING AnyRing) WILL PLAY ! TOGETHER!
    I also tried to choose 'None' using AnyRing, but the Tri-Tone was still stuck.
    I even tried REMOVING the AnyRing app... still, Tri-Tone plays when I get a msg.

I think it's important to mention that none of that happens with Ringtones... the problem occurs only with Text Tones.

Thank you for reading this guys
    Your help will be really appreciated

*edit: i read a suggested solution in this forum but it didn't work for me.

2. alaa137 thread starter macrumors newbie

Solution

Case solved.
    Download 'Unlim Tones' and it will solve all your problems :) ;)

3. achief macrumors newbie

Hi, sorry to reopen this thread, but I'm having the same exact issue with my iphone 4 (16 GB)..the text tone is stuck on "glass" for me...even if i change the text tone to none or change the text tone to something else like "tri-tone" it will still play the glass sound everytime i get a text and the phone is not on silent...please help!!

downloading unlim tones didnt help..but regardless, i would like to not download any apps and fix this bug! thanks you!