Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mrbrightside623

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 21, 2009
San Jose, CA
Hey All, My hook on my MBP is stuck. It isn't stuck in but sticks out and it hasn't done this before. The screen closes fine but its just the left hook that sticks out when the screen is open. I don't know what to do. It isn't bent or anything so I'm confused on why it isn't going all the way into the screen like usual. It just bothers me that it doesn't go in all the way. BTW laptop has never been dropped. So I don't know what caused this.

-Tony

Ctt713

macrumors member
Jul 6, 2009
Take it to an Apple store and get a genius to look at it. It's hard to imagine what your saying without pictures.

mrbrightside623

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 21, 2009
San Jose, CA
Take it to an Apple store and get a genius to look at it. It's hard to imagine what your saying without pictures.
Oh snap! Forgot about that ~_~. Fail on my part. I'll get pics up asap prior to bringing it in to apple since I'm out of warranty so I don't know if they'd fix it for free :-/. It isn't too much a big deal since the screen closes fine but it just bothers me a bit when I see it. OCD sucks!

moel

macrumors 6502
Nov 7, 2007
It is my belief that the thing has a tiny spring..which has obviously jammed some how.

(I assume it's the kind of mbp that the hooks pop out of when they experience a magnetic force from the bottom lip of the case)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.