Stuck side button and Genius: It is normal

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by rockman27, Aug 2, 2016.

1. rockman27 macrumors newbie

I have taken my watch to an authorized service provider in Hong Kong.
    They refused to look at it because it is out of warranty, and asked me to go "Genius Bar".

Genius bar in Hong Kong:
    "It is normal. We can't do replacement if it is normal and even if you request out of warranty services. Your only option for replacement is to buy another one."

I have attached the videos here and I do not know what part of this is considered as normal operation.

Or are there fixes for this issue?

2. zhaoxin macrumors regular

Is that because of dried sweat? Can you solve the issue by cleaning it?

3. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Of course it's not normal. I suppose Hong Kong Geniuses BS worse than American Geniuses.

4. rockman27 thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi, I have tried to rinse gently with water but no help.
    --- Post Merged, Aug 2, 2016 ---
    All the genius bar reservations are being done by robots and sold in a Chinese website. I have met one yesterday because I simply have no way and 'buy' a reservation slot from these horders.
    Basically we can't make Genius reservation normally here; in addition, they won't entertain anyone without reservations... They will simply drive us to find "Authorized service providers" but these ASPs told us they won't do anything as soon as the product is out of warranty.

It seems I have no choices left.

5. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

Sounds like the button may have seized. I wouldn't try anything else, could further damage it or void any warranty. Good luck.

6. rockman27 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks - the warranty has been lapsed.

7. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Put it in a cup of warm water for 10 minutes. Take it out and give it a few presses. Repeat and see if it fixes the issue.

8. Simche macrumors member

Simche

Please contact original Apple in Hongkong: http://www.apple.com/hk/en/

Call them by phone or mail them, explain the situation, explain the horrible replies and so on that those "authorized" or "geniuses" said and se if they can help you.