Stuck "Waiting.." Icon

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by binaryskies, Dec 13, 2013.

1. binaryskies macrumors regular

binaryskies

Over the past two days I've had issues with this annoying "Waiting" icon (started with an app I had on my phone which had to be deleted from usage in settings, the second time two icons appeared while downloading an update for an app, third time two icons appeared when downloading sonic 2). A simple reboot and holding the icon until it wiggled then hitting the x fixed it but now it seems there is a bigger issue.

I have tried resetting network settings and system settings, rebooting the phone (both normally and two button), signed out of the App Store and signed in (both in settings then in the App Store), even deleted and reinstalled the last three apps I installed, but still I'm stuck with an annoying "Waiting.." Icon That has the blueprint background. No idea what app it is. I have a screen shot of it. Anyone else have this issue? I plan on running diagnostics on my phone tomorrow at work, but I figure I would ask here first.

iOS 7.0.4
    iPhone 5s 32GB (Verizon)

Attached Files:

2. luckydcxx macrumors 65816

luckydcxx

Sorry I can't help you with your problem. I would like you to post your wallpaper though.

3. MartinAppleGuy macrumors 68020

MartinAppleGuy

Go to settings; general; usage; then delete the app there. Then sign out of your apple ID; then sign in again and all should work.

4. binaryskies thread starter macrumors regular

binaryskies

I did that the first time this happened because it actually told me what app it was that was stuck. I don't know what app this is, so I can't do the whole uninstall thing. I ran iOS Diagnostics at work and I have 11 crashing apps and 4 memory issues (one of them is springboard) so something screwed up iOS badly. I'm almost 100% sure a reset and set up as new is needed to solve this.. which sucks.

5. binaryskies thread starter macrumors regular

binaryskies

I can help you with your problem. Here ya go man.

Attached Files: