Stuck with Entourage?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by barbra, May 5, 2009.

1. barbra macrumors newbie

I am one of the hardheads that went with Entourage initially for it's familiarity to my old Windows setup. I would like to switch it all over to iMail now.

I see lots of threads about moving mail from app to app, but not one dealing with the change I am looking to make. Can somebody point me in the right direction?

2. barbra thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you very much for the effort. If I wanted to debate the merits of making the switch that would be an excellent resource. I am past that point now and ready to actually do it, as well as being smart enough to Google it on my own.

Does anyone know how to actually accomplish the move? I have not been able to locate a method of doing so.

3. Cabbit macrumors 68020

Cabbit

If you mail is set up in entorthingie just open up apple mail and click file, import mail boxes the default is import entorthingie so click ok. First run of mail will have a similar option.

4. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

Did you mean Apple's Mail app or a program called iMail? There seems to be multiple email apps with the name iMail so if that is its name we'll need more specifics.

5. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Actually, I am aware of just one email program called IMail. It is a Windows-based mail server.

6. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

Well when I searched on Google for iMail it turned up a few different sites, some of which were web-based email, but the results seemed diverse enough that I thought I would ask for clarification.