Stuck with Graphite theme after OS X 10.6.3 update.

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Gabriel GR, Apr 22, 2010.

1. Gabriel GR macrumors 6502a

Gabriel GR

Hello.

I just updated my MBP to 10.6.3 after it restarted I can only have the Graphite theme. I ve changed it to blue in the system preferences but it didn't change anything.

It's not important but oh well, has it happened to anyone else?

Attached Files:

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Are you sure, because the three traffic lights on the top left of the System Preferences window seem to indicate that you use the BLUE Appearance.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Gabriel GR thread starter macrumors 6502a

Gabriel GR

I know. I have selected the blue appearance but the menu bars and everything else is graphite :(

Attached Files:

4. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Have you checked here?
    [​IMG]
    Because the Menu Bar is either translucent or not, not Blue or Graphite.

Or do you mean the scroll bars? I can't really tell from the screenshot you have...

5. Gabriel GR thread starter macrumors 6502a

Gabriel GR

I have clicked the translucent menu but I am pretty syre the dock and the top menu bar had a blue/silver shade. Now they are gray.

6. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Then you have/had some third party software installed, that does not work anymore. I just checked, and Menu Bar and Dock stay the same with Blue and Graphite.

7. moley166 macrumors newbie

Stuck with graphite theme after OS X 10.6.3 update

This has just happened to me when I followed the apple invitation to upgrade today. There seems to be no way of changing the graphite appearance back to blue. Has anybody spoken to Apple about this? i much prefer a blue appearance. Can anybody help? Please?

8. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Can you post some kind of screen shot? Or tell us where it is stuck? Because in the above posts nothing seems to be an error, and the OP either doesn't have the problem anymore or just ignores this thread or something else I can't imagine right now.

I can switch between both appearances on three Macs with 10.6.3 on them.

And as far as I can tell, only the scroll bars, buttons and the traffic lights switch.

9. mrkgoo macrumors 65816

Also keep in mind that an inactive window will have the scroll bars in grey even when blue appearance is selected.

10. moley166 macrumors newbie

stuck with graphite theme after OS X 10.6.3 update

Hi spinnerlys and thanks for your interest. As you know, in System Preferences - Appearance, there is an option for blue or graphite "for the overall look of buttons, menus and windows". In my case, the option shows on the page as "blue", but the actual color is graphite and it is not possible to change the color. It is stuck! The color used to be blue from day one, but the change has happened on restart after the latest update of 10.6.3 which I installed at the invitation of apple today. So all things are pale brown which I think they call graphite. The dock table, the border color to this forum window, the internet header, etc etc. This problem is also a subject of interest and concern in the Apple Mac Support forums where nobody has a solution, although changing access privileges seems to have helped in one case. If anybody has any ideas.....?

11. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

That does not sound like the GRAPHITE or even the BLUE theme, it sounds more like a colour profile hiccup.

Take a look at System Preferences > Displays > Color and change the current one and watch the change and report back if that might have been it.

Because the GRAPHITE or BLUE theme don't change what you have described, only the scroll bars, buttons and the traffic lights on every window on the top left.

12. moley166 macrumors newbie

Stuck with graphite theme after OS X 10.6.3 update

Hello again spinnerlys - brilliant - you are correct - it was a color profile effect. The window showed 'Color LCD' as the only color option and with the option boxes locked. However, once the boxes were unchecked three more options appeared including various shades of blue for the 'overall appearance'. So I think this solves the 'problem' and many thanks. I will post on the apple mac support forum the good news. Thanks again.
    PS apologies for delay - I am in Europe and only just waking up!

13. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

I'm in Europe too, but the bad part, so I'm already awake.

Have a good day.