Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macdiva22

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 6, 2009
So I finally popped for my new Apple computer (decided to go with the MacBook with upgraded 4GB RAM) in late April so I could use my student discount before I graduated--which was big because I got an ADDITIONAL $500 off the student pricing through my university.

Now I'm torn though. I'm still using my old PB G4 because I haven't transferred my files (between the move and not being completely settled after graduation yet it just didn't happen). I realized at the beginning of this month that if I had waited I could have a MacBook Pro with the NVIDIA graphics card and everything else I wanted--not to mention Snow Leopard--if I had just waited a little longer (and since prices dropped, who cares about the student discount!). I tried to get a rebate or coupon---ANYTHING---from Apple and they were totally unresponsive.

So, what should I do? I'm debating selling my MacBook--loaded with AppleCare and Microsoft Office, taking the hit (I'm assuming I can get about $1300-1400 for a machine I paid $1600 for), and purchasing a new MacBook Pro. OR--Keeping my MacBook (which already has Adobe Master Suite installed as well--which I would take off before sale) and just dealing with the fact that I don't have all the added perks now available.

So--what should I do? Would love to hear any thoughts/advice!

whitebook

macrumors regular
Dec 18, 2008
Northern Ireland
hmmm, well what will you be using the machine for? what macbook pro are you looking to get now? 13"? dont you think that a basically brand new macbook will do you? i hope your not looking to buy a new mac just to be able to have "the latest macbook"

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.