Stuck with MacBook? What should I do?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by macdiva22, Jul 24, 2009.

  1. macdiva22 macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Apr 6, 2009
    #1
    So I finally popped for my new Apple computer (decided to go with the MacBook with upgraded 4GB RAM) in late April so I could use my student discount before I graduated--which was big because I got an ADDITIONAL $500 off the student pricing through my university.

    Now I'm torn though. I'm still using my old PB G4 because I haven't transferred my files (between the move and not being completely settled after graduation yet it just didn't happen). I realized at the beginning of this month that if I had waited I could have a MacBook Pro with the NVIDIA graphics card and everything else I wanted--not to mention Snow Leopard--if I had just waited a little longer (and since prices dropped, who cares about the student discount!). I tried to get a rebate or coupon---ANYTHING---from Apple and they were totally unresponsive.

    So, what should I do? I'm debating selling my MacBook--loaded with AppleCare and Microsoft Office, taking the hit (I'm assuming I can get about $1300-1400 for a machine I paid $1600 for), and purchasing a new MacBook Pro. OR--Keeping my MacBook (which already has Adobe Master Suite installed as well--which I would take off before sale) and just dealing with the fact that I don't have all the added perks now available.

    So--what should I do? Would love to hear any thoughts/advice!
     
  2. whitebook macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Dec 18, 2008
    Location:
    Northern Ireland
    #2
    hmmm, well what will you be using the machine for? what macbook pro are you looking to get now? 13"? dont you think that a basically brand new macbook will do you? i hope your not looking to buy a new mac just to be able to have "the latest macbook"
     
  3. Hellhammer Moderator

    Hellhammer

    Staff Member

    Joined:
    Dec 10, 2008
    Location:
    Finland
    #3
    If it does it's job there's no reason to change. If you can get 1300$ from it, sure go for it
     

Share This Page