Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Warwizzles

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 3, 2012
Hi everyone, my system is a late 2011 15" 2.2GHz i7 MBP.
I needed windows on it to play a couple online games so I decided to try bootcamp. I downloaded "MICROSOFT WINDOWS 7 SP1 X86 ALL EDITIONS (activated) [thethingy]" from a certain bay of pirates since someone commented that they were running it on there iMac via boot camp. So I burned the iso onto a maxell DVD-R through my MBP's disk utility and stock optical drive. I opened up boot camp with the DVD in the drive and selected install Windows 7 and selected 100GB for windows. The installer then started up and I chose Windows Home Premium. But when it asked what partition to install it on it wouldn't let me install it on the boot camp one because it wasn't NTFS so I clicked format and then installed it to that. Once it was all installed and Windows started up this is the problem: in Windows the macbook's wireless adapter isn't recognized and neither was another d-link usb adapter i had laying around so I have no internet connection ; there's a red light coming out of my headphone jack(no idea what this means) ; my optical drive also isn't recognized ; pressing or holding option/alt key at startup does nothing it still goes to windows startup so I have no idea what to do with my macbook now :( I just bought it new at best buy a month or so ago and there's no backup CD in the box. Any help is greatly appreciated.

MacDawg

Moderator emeritus
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
Please check the Forum Rules

Warez/Serials/Keys. Do not post software serial numbers or keys or refer people to specific websites, software, or techniques whose purpose is to break or bypass software licensing methods, distribute cracks, or obtain or use commercial software or media in violation of its license and/or for copyright violation. Do not ask for or give such help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.