Stuck with the Brazil store!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by sirdouglas, May 20, 2011.

1. sirdouglas macrumors newbie

I bought an iPod touch a little over a year ago while I was living in Brazil (I am from the U.S. and now living back in the States). When I registered with the Apple Store it automatically made the Brazil Store as my default Apple store. Now I cannot figure out how to switch the account to the United States. Whenever I search for an app, Portuguese results appear first.

Now I just got the iPad 2 and accidentally set it up under the exact same account, so I have the same issue on my iPad now. How can I switch to the U.S. store or just set up a new account? I do not see any options to set up a new account and really want to be linked with the U.S. Store.

Thank you!

Doug

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

3. sirdouglas thread starter macrumors newbie

That's right, I forgot that I had used a Brazilian card to set up the account. However, I am still having troubles getting the store changed. I changed the payment information to an American card, but it will only allow me to choose among Brazilian states and zip codes (CEP) for my billing information. So when I try download an app it asks me to make corrections to the billing information, but the field options all assume I am in Brazil. The store categories are still in Portuguese as well. What must I do yet?

Thanks again,

Doug

4. RodoLana macrumors newbie

Você está fodido, cara.:D

RL

5. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

1. Open iTunes
    2. Click iTunes Store
    3. Click your email address in the top right
    4. Enter your password
    5. Click on Change Country or Region
    6. Select the US
    7. I'm too "scared" to follow these steps any further myself :)