Stuck!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by dragonmantek, Aug 27, 2009.

1. dragonmantek macrumors regular

dragonmantek

i installed snow leopard, the GM version, and after getting nice and settled i wanted to install windows 7, in bootcamp.

so i create the partition, and then thats the end of it.

none of the start up buttons will work, i tried holding down the X button while the mac starts up, but nothing will happen.

the apple logo doesn't show up either.

right now, i booted off of ubuntu, and i'm on firefox.

it seems the buttons don't work and i don't know why. also, when i put in the windows 7 dvd, it just read:

choose cd-rom to boot up from:

or something like that.

what do i do?

2. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

So you're installing unsupported software using unreleased software and you want our help?

If you're smart enough to get yourself to this point, you're smart enough to get yourself out of it.

jW

3. helix21 macrumors regular

LOL

This guy raises a good point though, because I am running windows 7 RC currently with leopard, i hope snow leopard doesnt mess with this config and ideally it shouldnt

4. dragonmantek thread starter macrumors regular

dragonmantek

I was just asking for some help.

I tried everything I could come up with, I just don't know what else to do.

And snow leopard is pretty much released, I mean, there are reviews rolling out in the news.

You don't have to be a wise-ass, if you don't have anything helpful to say, then don't say it.

5. -Ryan- macrumors 68000

Format the drive in Ubuntu and start over with the LEOPARD disc, rather than SL, and you'll be fine.

6. zerostar macrumors regular

This has been reported, you prob. downloaded the fake (messed with) version, hopefully it didn't screw anything else up.

Maybe in the future don't steal software from an unknown source?

My advice would be to install 10.5 from DVD then install 10.6 tomorrow (get $30 and go to an Apple store in the morning and you will be able to get a real, supported, Apple approved copy)

7. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

With something illegal.

I'd like to see you go to a movie in theaters before it comes out with that mindset. :D

Something helpful: We have rules about illegal software. Have you read them?

8. dragonmantek thread starter macrumors regular

dragonmantek

I'm going to buy it, I just didn't want to wait yeesh.

Sorry for doing something illegal, i'm sure i'm the only one.

i put in my leopard 10.5 disc, but it didn't accept it because 10.4 wasn't installed. so i installed snow leopard over again.

i assure everyone, i will purchase it, as soon as i am able to.

9. Akitakoi macrumors regular

Akitakoi

Yea, pretty tuff crowd around here. :rolleyes:
    :)
    I'm not sure what happened in your case but I'm running Snow Leopard and have Windows 7 on a Boot Camp partition. Seems everything is working well except the track pad update for Vista didn't fix any track pad problems.

10. polobreaka macrumors 6502a

you should give me your laptop and ill try to fix it for you..and hopefully by the time im fixing it, you're buying another laptop so i can have this one for free. :D