Student ACD UK - How? AppleCare?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by L0s7man, Nov 4, 2009.

1. L0s7man macrumors 6502

So, I want to get the 27" i7 iMac and it seems reasonable to get it through Student ACD (as it seems there's 20% discount vs ~12% in Edu store).

The question is... how to do it?

There's also another issue - do student ADC purchases come with 3 year warranty as stuff from UK Edu store does? Or do you have to buy AppleCare to get that? If so, how much AC for ADC cost? Full price? Or reduced price like in Edu?

I'll be grateful for info on this!

2. Aboo macrumors 6502a

The ~20% discount only applies to professional products. On the iMac its about 10%. You would probably get a better deal through the HE store, especially since you get a 3 year warranty.

ADC purchases come with a standard 1 year warranty. That's it. Apple Care will cost the full price. The only reason Apple Care is cheaper through the HE store is because its only an upgrade to the phone support (recall that HE machines already have a 3 year hardware warranty, and the 50 pounds you pay extra is for the phone support extension from 90 days to 3 years).

I am wiling to bet that it would be cheaper for you to go through the HE store when you factor in the cost of Apple care, etc.