Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mdwsta4

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 23, 2007
with the announcement coming from apple tomorrow, what if they do introduce new ipod nanos?
if they do, would students getting on the computer+ipod deal only get the old ones? and if so, would they still be the same price?
i know no one knows exactly what will be announced tomorrow, but i guess it might be worth holding off since the program runs for another two weeks.

mshepherd

macrumors regular
Feb 29, 2004
last time they made the students buy the old ones, the deal didn't work for the new ones. They have this student deal to clear out there inventory.

amac4me

macrumors 65816
Apr 26, 2005
New iPods will not be eligible as Apple makes the following statement under the Terms and Conditions of the rebate form:

The iPod products listed below are eligible for participation in this offer. TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS OFFER, BE CERTAIN THAT THE PRODUCT YOU PURCHASE HAS ONE OF THE APPLE PART
NUMBERS LISTED BELOW. IF YOU ARE UNCERTAIN, PLEASE ASK YOUR SALESPERSON TO CONFIRM TO YOU THAT YOU ARE PURCHASING A PRODUCT THAT IS ELIGIBLE UNDER THIS OFFER. 2GB
iPod nano, iPod shuffle, Mac mini, Apple TV, iPhone, and refurbished products are not eligible.

Here's a pic of the model numbers:

Attachments

• ipod.png
    ipod.png
    17.8 KB · Views: 98

grovertdog

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2006
You're probably right :( but I don't think that part list is absolute proof. Apple is smart enough not to list unannounced products in such a promotion.

shecky

May 24, 2003
Obviously you're not a golfer.
no, they are right and yes, the list is proof. its right there in black and white. if new ipods are released tomorrow, they will absolutely NOT be a part of the back to school promotion. and we know this because in the past when they released new ipods around september, they have never been a part of the back to school promotion.

mdwsta4

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 23, 2007
well then that would stink. if i got a nano and replacements came out i probably wouldn't be able to get much money for it!

grovertdog

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2006
no, they are right and yes, the list is proof. its right there in black and white. if new ipods are released tomorrow, they will absolutely NOT be a part of the back to school promotion. and we know this because in the past when they released new ipods around september, they have never been a part of the back to school promotion.

Proof? Of course not. Anecdotal? Certainly!

Wish it was the case tho- currently am iPod short and a 24" iMac plus touch screen NAND based iPod would be sweet, however unlikely it may be.

Suspended
Dec 27, 2003
same

They've done this before. The new models are never part of the promotion.

Either way it's a free or greatly reduced (in price) iPod, so who cares?

mdwsta4

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 23, 2007
i suppose, although i already have 3 ipods (5g, shuffle, iphone) and have no need for a fourth. would have been nice to sell the nano for close to what it's worth new.

They've done this before. The new models are never part of the promotion.

Either way it's a free or greatly reduced (in price) iPod, so who cares?

Suspended
Dec 27, 2003
Yeah...

i suppose, although i already have 3 ipods (5g, shuffle, iphone) and have no need for a fourth. would have been nice to sell the nano for close to what it's worth new.

Eh, keep it. I have four iPods (1G shuffle, 5G, 2G nano and iPhone) and each has their specific use.

Give it as a gift or something. I gave a shuffle I won to my mom.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.