Student Developer ADC Programme. Advice

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by gazfocus, Jan 17, 2008.

1. gazfocus macrumors 68000

gazfocus

I was looking into the developer student ADC pass today but Apple Sales told me that my HE discount is higher than the ADC discount. Is this correct or have they got it wrong? Is the ADC discount on top of the normal HE discount?

2. diamond3 macrumors 6502a

I'm not sure but you can look for the prices yourself if you just go online to the developer store. I know the ADC is worth it on the more expensive items because you pay $99 for the student ADC (although leopard is included).

http://developer.apple.com/membership/usa.html Then just click the ADC Hardware purchase program store link under the ordering information.

3. thinkband macrumors regular

It depends my friend. For a Macbook pro (what I am looking at) it is a given since you save $400-500 whereas the student discount is only $200. For other items I am not sure. But like the other post said, just go to both sites and see for yourself.

4. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

It is mostly dependent on what you buy. The developer discount is generally an additional $100 off macbooks for example, plus 20% off upgrades like RAM and hard drives (though you should buy your own RAM in any case, as Apple likes to rip off customers when it comes to memory).

That said, the discounts on the macbook pros are pretty good. IIRC, the base mbp goes from $1999 (regular price) to $1599 ($400 savings). Considering you put in $99, that means you come out with an extra $100 saved.

The trick to it really involves buying the most expensive machine you can, as this will save you the most and minimize the initial $99 cost.

Check out the store and see for yourself. If all you want is a macbook, don't waste your money and the once in a lifetime discount on it. :)

5. aaronw1986 macrumors 68030

I saved $200 over educational pricing on my MBP, even after paying the membership fee.