Student discount 10.6

Discussion in 'macOS' started by KingYaba, Jun 10, 2009.

1. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

Do you think there will be a student discount on the $29 upgrade disc? :D

2. kornyboy macrumors 68000

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5H11 Safari/525.20)

I doubt it. $29 is dirt cheap already. If they did a discount and followed the same deal as before you'd probably get the software for a whopping $28 so my guess is no discount.

3. wouldyoukindly macrumors member

I mean Student discount is like 13%??

You really bothered about saving $3.77???

4. gibbz macrumors 68030

My school bookstore has sold Leopard for $69 since it was launched. That is a 53% savings. Now 53% on $29 isn't huge, but heck that is a beer or two.

5. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

Discount you'd see on HE or Student store could be similar to the extra P&P cost. Depends if you're upgrading from Leopard.
    If you're going from Tiger, you might get a decent Snow Leopard/ Snow Leopard box set discount. Imagine more details come June 17 / September

6. CalumC macrumors regular

When you're a student, $30 or £20 is a substantial amount of weekly money, at least for myself and my friends. Any discount is still very welcome, and i think there will be a discount.

7. yoppie macrumors 6502a

I doubt it but honestly who knows. I wouldn't blame Apple if they didn't, I mean they've already discounted it from $149 (or $69 if you're a student) to $29.

I'm starting to think that if Apple would have made it for free, people would ask for a discount on top of that too. People have become super cheap...and I don't think it's all due to the economy.

8. osin macrumors 6502

That is low :D

Just wondering if OP checked if there is a student discount for a OS update for iPod Touch? Huge savings for sure :D

9. jhsfosho macrumors 6502

I doubt there would be a student discount on a $29 upgrade. Maybe on the full version of snow leopard, but not the upgrade version.

10. MistaBungle macrumors 6502a

MistaBungle

11. mackmgg macrumors 65816

mackmgg

Actually there is, while you are paying $10 +tax for it I get it for only $9.99 (plus a penny for tax)

12. MacAndy74 macrumors 65816

It's for the upgrade version for Leopard users ;)

You can still boot from the DVD, and as long as you have Leopard you can choose to do a format and clean install of Snow Leopard. That's what I plan to do!

13. MikhailT macrumors 601

It could be free for students at university bookstores with 5$ for the media. We will not know anything until somebody ask Apple directly or wait til the OS comes out.

14. jashsayani macrumors regular

jashsayani

There should be a discount. But I guess, Apple has been busy with Safari 4, SnowLeopard, iPhone 3Gs, Firmware 3.0...

So, we will come to know about this later on.....

15. efengle macrumors newbie

Is Apple really going to go the way of Microsoft and offer a Snow Leopard upgrade disc for Leopard users and a full version disc?

I hope not.

16. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

How is that any different from what they do right now? No disk included with a computer can be used on any other model of computer.