Student Discount and Macbook Warranty!

Hustle

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 29, 2007
USA
Hey. I'm quite new to Mac, and about two months ago i purchased a Macbook. I just have a few questions.

The Magsafe for my Macbook has frayed. The wire that goes from the Magsafe to the Macboo and come away from the Magsafe. I phones Apple and they told me as my Macbook wasn't within the 90 days phone support, they cannot do nothing unless i give the £100+ for Apple Care. The person told me to go into an Apple store and they will help me.

Also, i've just left Secondary school and going into College, and i would like to buy some more items from the Apple store online, however, i'm not sure if i qualify for the Education Disscount.

The requirements state

The following education individuals are eligible to purchase through the Apple Store for Education Individuals:
- a teacher, lecturer, tutor or other supervisor of students at a UK education establishment
- a student aged 18 and over with a valid student card, attending, or accepted into, a UK education establishment
- a parent purchasing on behalf of their child who is a student currently attending or accepted into a UK Higher or Further Education establishment

It seas over 18's only. I'm 16, so i don't qualify for student discount?.

Thanks

techlover828

macrumors 68020
Jun 28, 2007
Maine
Hey. I'm quite new to Mac, and about two months ago i purchased a Macbook. I just have a few questions.

The Magsafe for my Macbook has frayed. The wire that goes from the Magsafe to the Macboo and come away from the Magsafe. I phones Apple and they told me as my Macbook wasn't within the 90 days phone support, they cannot do nothing unless i give the £100+ for Apple Care. The person told me to go into an Apple store and they will help me.

Also, i've just left Secondary school and going into College, and i would like to buy some more items from the Apple store online, however, i'm not sure if i qualify for the Education Disscount.

The requirements state

The following education individuals are eligible to purchase through the Apple Store for Education Individuals:
- a teacher, lecturer, tutor or other supervisor of students at a UK education establishment
- a student aged 18 and over with a valid student card, attending, or accepted into, a UK education establishment
- a parent purchasing on behalf of their child who is a student currently attending or accepted into a UK Higher or Further Education establishment

It seas over 18's only. I'm 16, so i don't qualify for student discount?.

Thanks
well, according to that, no

Hustle

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 29, 2007
USA
It doesn't make sense why they would allow over 18's, but not under 18's.