Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!
  • Did you order new AirTags? We've opened a dedicated AirTags forum.

whyrichard

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 15, 2002
Hey,

Will be buying a new air soon... For wife! She is a student... Is there a back to school sale to wait for? Is a student discount the same thing? Can you have both a back to school sale as well as a student discount?

Thanks,

R

macbookairman

macrumors 6502a
Jan 15, 2008
Nebraska
Right now Apple is running the Back to School event which gets you a free $100 iTunes gift card when you purchase any Mac. This is deal only runs for a few months.

There is also a student discount which I think usually comes out to around $100 off on most Macs, $50 on the MacBook Air. Even better, you can use this discount and still get the back to school iTunes card.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:
Comment

jeffwingo

macrumors newbie
Jun 29, 2007
Student discount

Student discount on an Air is $50 plus $100 iTunes card.

Comment

noodile

macrumors regular
Aug 4, 2012
if i remember correctly, BTS only runs till september 21st. after that you enjoy the student discount withOUT the $100 itunes / mac store card.

FYI: This card can be used to get iWork

Comment

gmanist1000

macrumors 68030
Sep 22, 2009
Hey,

Will be buying a new air soon... For wife! She is a student... Is there a back to school sale to wait for? Is a student discount the same thing? Can you have both a back to school sale as well as a student discount?

Thanks,

R

I just bought a rMBP with the student discount, and also received the back to school gift card. So you can use both!

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.