Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jones14

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 1, 2007
Next year i'm going to be a junior in high school and I am enrolled in 3 college courses from a local community college. The courses will will be taken while at school. Technically I will be considered a college student, since I am taking college classes and since I had to fill out an application I basically am going to that college right?

So is there any chance I would be eligible for a discount on a laptop from Apple?

lostfan916

macrumors 6502a
Dec 23, 2007
NorCal
I got one when I was a Senior in HS (17 yrs old), the guy just did it for me at the Apple Store. As long as you have a college ID then you should be fine.

Blanz

macrumors member
Jan 10, 2008
Next year i'm going to be a junior in high school and I am enrolled in 3 college courses from a local community college. The courses will will be taken while at school. Technically I will be considered a college student, since I am taking college classes and since I had to fill out an application I basically am going to that college right?

So is there any chance I would be eligible for a discount on a laptop from Apple?

if it doesnt work, then just get get someone in college to do it for you :)

Eric.

macrumors regular
Mar 30, 2008
Last year (senior in HS with dual-credit courses) I asked a rep on the Apple Chat and they confirmed that it counts as being in college. Won't be an issue now that I'm actually going to college this fall (and taking one class this summer).

DJAznSensation

macrumors regular
Mar 26, 2008
if you can prove that your enrolled then you can get it

college ID
acceptance letter
course schedule
unofficial transcript
etc

:apple: DJ Asian Sensation

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.