Student Discount help! Bought, How too reclaim?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by AtrBirkett, Aug 23, 2009.

1. AtrBirkett macrumors newbie

AtrBirkett

So I got my new Macbook and 'free' iTouch on Friday, and being my long awaited Macbook I opened it with a flurry of excitement and failed to remember that I was meant to receive a voucher with the iTouch.

This voucher, as you no doubt know, enables me to receive the money back from an iTouch that was bought with the Macbook at the same time using the Student discount.

After my first search nothing was in the documents I had received that are stated below:

I have not Thrown any of the boxes away (Shipping boxes, NEVER will I throw away those apple beauty's ;) )

I have ALL the documentation that was in the Macbook box, and the iTouch box.

and I have a Receipt (x2) (One from the online store with information on shipping and a duplicate hard copy attached to shipping box)

But at my first look there was no obvious sign of the fabled voucher. I'm starting to worry I payed full price for a iTouch! :eek:

Am I just blind? (...yes I am)
    Where is it!?

Please help, and thanks for reading :rolleyes:

Birkett

#Additional Info!
    Im from the UK, I am using the discount that requires no Collage eMail entered

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

You in the U.S.? You go online and redeem it. No voucher has ever existed, even when you had to mail in serial numbers.

3. AtrBirkett thread starter macrumors newbie

AtrBirkett

Nope Uk :/

Make any difference?

#Editing first message to include this

4. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

5. AtrBirkett thread starter macrumors newbie

AtrBirkett

Thanks SOOOO! VERRY Much! :D

However....

Ok so my farther has boght the Macbook and the touch using his account (my money, I'm not spoilt xP)

And as the shipping was in his name, but the Macbook is assigned in my name (as is the iTouch) I presume the Claim is submitted using my fathers Apple Account rather than mine? Even if I am the student?

6. iStudentUK macrumors 65816

iStudentUK

I too bought a MacBook with iPod Touch. I've never heard of a voucher, just go online.

Apple do allow parents to purchase for children who are students, but not sure how that affects the claim.

As an aside, as many people don't realise-

IF you are a UK university student
    AND the purchase was made online/phone

Then you have a three year warranty on the MacBook, regardless of whether you purchased the AppleCare plan or not. Even many Apple employees do not know this. It is covered by the UK HE Contract with the Universities' Apple Computers Group.

7. AtrBirkett thread starter macrumors newbie

AtrBirkett

Wow! Thats handy info, maybe I might buy another mac in 2 years time ;)

Thanks ever so much, I would never have understood how to do it otherwise.

Unusually I even asked a genius at the Apple store about 4 months ago about this.... that's another thing that obviously they dont know :rolleyes: