Student discount help

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Ryoukii, May 29, 2009.

1. Ryoukii macrumors newbie

Ok i am writing this on behalf on my mother who is a teacher. She ordered a Macbook white on the apple site using the student / teacher discount and the order is done and the shipping status is ' Preparing for shipping ' But the only problem is she used my dad's ( her husband's ) credit card to buy it and she is worried apple wont ship it now because my dad is not a teacher and that is the billing address. The shipping address is hers though

Will they ship it or not ? :confused:

2. JDee macrumors 6502a

If it's saying prepared for shipment / preparing your order has been processed and is being packed for delivery.

All authentication has been completed and your Mum is on her way to getting a new MacBook!

3. Ryoukii thread starter macrumors newbie

That is great thanks for clarifiing that for me

4. syamauchi5 macrumors newbie

I hope you are getting your ipod touch!

just making sure.

5. Ryoukii thread starter macrumors newbie

No my mother didnt want a ipod touch because you have to buy it first and then send away for a claim or something. She didnt like the idea and clicked 'No thanks' to my disapointment she could of bought it for me :(

6. syamauchi5 macrumors newbie

7. Ryoukii thread starter macrumors newbie

8. macrumorsMaster macrumors 6502

You can still try to get it. have her call Apple and see what they can do, or go into a local apple store(if you have one). Just give her the money now and tell her to give you the rebate check when it comes!

9. Ryoukii thread starter macrumors newbie

We dont live near a apple store if we did she proberly would have bought it there. I checked 3g mobile's website as we live near a 3g store but they sell Macbooks with less harddrive space ( it got defaulted to 160 gig last nite on the apple store ) and 1gig ram not 2gig and also they dont give you iLife free. Anyway all is ok now as long as she gets the Macbook :)