Student Discount in Apple Retail Stores

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by zflauaus, Jun 13, 2008.

1. zflauaus macrumors 65816

The first week of July I'll be purchasing a MacBook Pro from the Michigan Avenue Apple Store, which I am extremely excited about. This will replace my iBook (which will go to my sister) and complement my Mac mini. Anyways...

I want to take advantage of my possible student discount that I may have. I'm currently in high school but am enrolled in dual-credit at a local community college that's eligible for a student discount from Apple. I've talked with a friend and he said he's in the same boat and got the discount.

Thing is, I don't have a student ID from that college. Would having a transcript with my name, student ID number, etc. etc. be enough for Apple to accept the student discount?

Many thanks. :)

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Having a current transcript was good enough for them when I went and got the discount on something from their retail store.

3. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

I think an acceptance letter might work too, but I could be getting that mixed up with my school-run technology center (which offers mac discounts)

4. ucsdmac macrumors 6502

ucsdmac

Having a student ID number means that you are a student there already. you should get the discount, just bring your transcript and maybe another form of ID with your picture on it.

5. zflauaus thread starter macrumors 65816

Ok, that's what I was thinking. Transcript + photo ID (Driver's license) would work. Thanks everyone!

6. Chris Rogers macrumors 6502a

Chris Rogers

Just to clarify, I would receive the same discount in the store as I would online? Is a student ID along with Driver's license good enough?

7. orangeillini14 macrumors regular

I didn't have to show anything when I went to buy my MBP. He just asked me where I was going to college and then asked for the zip code. I think all of the discounts are $200 though... at least for MBPs.

8. crobbins macrumors 6502

Yes, you would receive the same discount. Your Student ID and Driver's license are all you need!